Our Tracking Tools
Tracking Tools We Use
We collect personal and other information using digital tracking tools, such as cookies and web beacons, when you use our websites , interact with us via our email or connected devices, or otherwise engage with our digital offerings. We also partner with third parties that collect information this way. These third parties may place similar tracking tools on our websites, applications, and advertising to facilitate tracking, advertising, and measurement services.
The tools may collect information about your activities over time and on various digital services offered by us or others.
The tools that we, our vendors, and third parties use include:
- Browser and flash cookies. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other connected device to identify your browser or to store information or settings. Your browser may provide the ability to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Flash cookies generally can be disabled only by accessing Adobe Flash settings (information available here)
- Server logs, which record information about the device, browser, operating system, network, and other resources you use to access our digital services
- Web beacons and pixels. These are small electronic images deployed on websites and emails that collect information about how users interact with content
We, our service providers, and third parties use the information collected via these tools to:
- Identify new visitors and users
- Recognize returning customers
- Learn how you came to access our digital services
- Keep you logged into our digital services
- Personalize your experience on our website, device applications, and third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications
- Identify your location as determined by the IP address of your devices
- Optimize and tailor our websites and device applications
- Make product recommendations and provide you with advertising content in which we think you will be interested. As part of this customization, we may observe your behaviors on our device applications, our websites, or on other websites and applications. We may also get information about your browsing history and online activities from our trusted business partners and vendors
- Better understand our audience, our customers, our website visitors and device application users, and their respective interests, including by learning about your online activities across devices
- Provide correct pricing and ads for the local store you select
Online Interest-Based Ads
We work with digital advertising and marketing companies to provide you with ads that meet your interests and that enhance your experience with us. These ads may be displayed on websites or device applications operated by us or third parties, and they may be based on information about your activities or preferences collected by us or third parties. For example, if you visit another website and provide you ZIP code, you may see advertising for products available near you on another website. We work with third parties to monitor and optimize ad deliveryso that you don't receive the same ad too many times and to determine whether you were interested in the ads. As noted above, these third parties collect information with their own cookies, pixels, and related tracking technology.
Additionally, we may disclose aggregated or pseudonymous information (pseudonymous information includes things like: device identifier, type of device, IP addresses, cookies and other information associated with your browsing and app usage) with other companies, such as publishers, advertisers, measurement analytics providers, and others. We do not disclose information that directly identifies you (information such as name or email address) with these companies.
To learn more about interest-based ads and to opt out of certain types of interest-based advertising and certain other uses of information collected over time and across different online services and devices, click here. Some of the social media platforms we work with may serve you with interest-based advertising on their platforms. In addition to or instead of the opt-out mechanism linked above, you may be able to opt out of their interest-based advertising by changing your advertising preferences in the platforms after you log in.
To exercise interest-based advertising opt outs: Certain coalitions of advertisers allow consumers to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from members of the coalitions. Please follow the links belowto opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from members of these coalitions. You will need to exercise these opt outs on each browser on each device for which you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising:
To limit mobile device interest-based advertising: You can adjust your advertising preferences on mobile devices through your device settings:
- iOS Devices: Go to Settings > Privacy > Advertising (at the bottom of the screen) > Turn on Limit Ad Tracking
- Android Devices: Go to Google Settings > Ads > Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads
When you opt out of receiving interest-based advertising, you may still see general audience advertising regarding our products and services. We may deliver advertising to a general audience or place advertising on websites and other platforms that relate to our advertisements. For example, if you opt out of interest-based advertising and visit a do-it-yourself website, you may see advertising on the website that promotes products and services related to the content.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools
This section provides you with information about the options available to you to control our tracking tools. Some of our tracking tools disclose information with third parties in exchange for their support in enhancing your experiences with us, improving our ability to serve you, or keeping you aware of our products, services, and offers.
- Disable browser cookies: Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies, some of which may enable third parties to collect data about your use of our websites. You can adjust your browser settings to block all cookies. Certain browsers also allow you to limit the blocking of cookies to specific websites. Instructions for blocking cookies on commonly used browsers can be found at the links below. You will need to adjust the settings on each browser and on each device for which you wish to block cookies. Please note that disabling cookies may limit the functionality of our websites.
- Disable Flash cookies: Third parties may collect data about your usage of our websites via Flash cookies. To disable Flash cookies, follow these instructions. This setting will need to be adjusted on each device for which you wish to block Flash cookies.
As described on our Exercise Your Privacy Rights page here. If you disable cookies on your browser, our Opt Out of Sale and Sharing tool will no longer work.
We may update this section from time to time with information about new tools that may be available to you to register your preferences.
Your Choices Regarding Location Information
When you use our websites, we may collect location data obtained from your IP address. We use this location data to provide product pricing and learn about our customers.
Our "Do Not Track" policy: Some browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are not uniform. So, we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.