Why Choose High-Quality Bedding?
High-quality bedding makes a major difference when making a beautiful, inviting bed—but it also comes with a higher price tag. We think it’s worth the investment: whether you’re wondering why you should buy linen sheets, looking for a lofty down comforter, or trying to get the most bedding bang for your buck, here are six reasons to choose high-quality options.
High-Quality Bedding Starts With the Best Materials
Our comforters, sheets, quilts, and duvet inserts and covers are made from premium raw materials that meet the highest environmental and ethical standards. When exploring cotton, linen, TENCEL™ Lyocell, or down or down alternative options, look for these certifications as a stamp of quality:
- What is OEKO-TEX? Bedding with the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® label has been independently certified as free from more than 350 harmful substances.
- What is GOTS Certified? Organic bedding certified using the Global Organic Textile Standard is made without harmful chemicals, fertilizers, or pesticides in any stage of production, from harvesting to manufacturing to labeling.
- What is RDS Down? The Responsible Down Standard (RDS) ensures that down and feathers come from animals that have not been subjected to any unnecessary harm.
High-Quality Bedding Is Better Made
The best bedding may boast sateen or percale weaves and thread counts between 200 and 500. But our careful attention to detail goes beyond these bedding construction basics. We size sheets made from shrink-prone fabrics slightly larger so they fit your mattress after laundering, carefully clean our down to ensure it is hypoallergenic, and pre-wash quilts, sheets, and other bedding items for extra softness.
Well-Made Bedding Lasts Longer
Premium materials and intentional construction make for long-lasting bedding, but some high-quality pieces are more durable than others. Here are our recommendations for the best bedding choices for longevity:
- Duvets: Our duvet inserts are made with twill or cotton shells, boast baffle or box constructions that prevent the fill from shifting and clumping, and can last for years when paired with a quality duvet cover. Replace the cover when needed or as trends change—the insert should still be in great shape.
- Long-Staple Cotton Bedding: Durability is one of the many benefits of Egyptian cotton, Supima® cotton, and other long or extra-long staple varieties. Used for bedding from mattress covers to comforters, these high-end cottons last up to 10 years.
- Linen Sheets and Duvet Covers: Two to three times as strong as cotton, flax linen makes for some of the most durable sheets and bedding. High-quality linen bedding can last for more than a decade, and will only get softer and better with each wash.
Quality Bedding Is More Comfortable
When it comes to bedding, quality equals comfort—and comfort equals restful sleep. All of our bedding is exceptionally soft and breathable, but our linen and TENCEL™ Lyocell options offer additional moisture-wicking and insulating properties. When choosing sheets and other bedding, also consider how construction affects comfort. Often, the higher the thread count, the softer and warmer the sheets.
Better Bedding Makes a Style Statement
Simply put, high-quality bedding looks better. Cotton is a classic option, while lightweight and relaxed linen is naturally lustrous, and TENCEL™ Lyocell offers a subtle sheen and elegant drape. Whatever material you prefer, look for premium weaves to create an elevated aesthetic—choose percale for a crisp, clean look, or opt for a smooth and buttery-soft sateen weave.
Premium Sheets and Bedding Can Save You Money
High-quality bedding may be more expensive, but it also requires less frequent replacement, making it a cost-effective choice in the long run. If budget-friendly bedding is a priority, don’t tackle the entire bed at once. Start with superior sheets—this is the only bedding that comes into direct contact with your skin—and add high-quality linens, layer by layer, as you’re able.
You sleep better when you’re comfortable, and with high-quality bedding, you can make a bed that looks as good as it feels. From our kids’ sheets to our luxury collections, all of our bedding is crafted to exacting standards to ensure exceptional quality. For more tips on choosing the best pieces for your home, explore our other Guides.