LaCrosse® Dual-Weight Comforter
Overview & Details
- Crafted with different warmth weights on two sides for dual comfort.
- Choose lightweight/medium warm or medium weight/extra warmth.
- Offered in your choice of lofty, hypoallergenic 500-550 fill power TCS® Down or PrimaLoft® Deluxe fill, a high quality hypoallergenic down alternative that mimics the softness and insulating loft of down, without the allergens that affect sensitive sleepers.
- Sewn-through stitching features 8” box stitching for lighter weight side and 12” box stitching for heavier weight side.
- A rigorous 6-step quality process ensures our fill is hypoallergenic-exceeding government regulations for cleanliness.
- All products manufactured at our sister division, Hanover Direct Manufacturing, LLC in La Crosse, WI are filled with down that has been certified under the Responsible Down Standard (RDS). Each phase of down sourcing is monitored by the independent and highly respected Textile Exchange through their certification body, Control Union. By our commitment to RDS, you can be confident that the down inside is the most responsibly sourced down in the market.
- 250-thread-count combed cotton shell meets Oeko-Tex® 100 standards –certified to be free of all harmful substances and chemicals.
- Expertly finished with double-needle top stitching.
- Handcrafted in our La Crosse, WI factory of fine imported materials.
- Lifetime guarantee.
- Machine wash.
- Available exclusively at The Company Store.
Call a truce to the Battle of the Covers! Since many couples have different “comfort zone” preferences, we created our LaCrosse Dual Comforter so that you can both sleep happy. Filled with either 500-550-fill-power TCS® Down or Primaloft® Deluxe, each side is crafted with a different warmth level—from lightweight to extra warmth—so you can both sleep at your ideal temperature level, all year long. The lighter weight side features 8” sewn-through box stitching; heavier weight side is stitched with 12” box stitching. Covered in a light-weight, 250-thread count cotton shell which meets Oeko-Tex® 100 standards –certified to be free of all harmful substances and chemicals.Available exclusively at The Company Store®.
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:Is the volume of down equal on both sides? If so, is it just the box size stitching differences that make one side warmer than the other? I don't understand how different stitching can change the warmth level?Asked on 8/28/2016 by Penny from United States
A:HI Penny. The Lacrosse® Dual-Weight Comforter has a different level of warmth on each side. We put less down fill on the lighter warmth side and more fill on the warmer side. The size of the stitching does not determine the warmth level, the lighter the warmth, the smaller the squares for quality purposes. less room for less down. The heavier the warmth, the larger the squares, more down to fill up the spaces. Thank you.
Q:are both sides the same thickness? basically, when on the bed, is it flat across or is warmer side thicker?Asked on 8/28/2016 by glenda
Q:I understand down is breathable. Does the same hold true for the primaloft?Asked on 8/6/2016 by Some like it hot, some like it cold from Chicago area
A:Hello. Primaloft is as warm as down, compressible, breathable and offers superior water repellency so you remain dry, warm and comfortable. So the answer is yes! Thank you.Answered on 8/6/2016 by Anonymous
Q:Is the down hypoallergenic?
What prevents the down from poking through the cover? ...My down pillows have an interior cover and then the fabric exterior, design cover and still I get the stem end of the down feathers poking through both layers of fabric.Asked on 8/2/2016 by Hopeful from Ridgefield, WA
A:Feathers have quills, down has no quills to poke through. You probably have a down-feather pillow.Answered on 12/5/2016 by Kimmers from Fort Worth, TX
A:Hello. Our down is hypoallergenic. The LaCrosse® Dual-Weight Comforter has a 250 Thread Count Cotton outer shell. This should be sufficient to hold the down in. Also the comforter is down filled, no feathers. Feathers have the quills that you are describing. Down has no quilsl to poke through. Thank you.Answered on 8/2/2016 by Anonymous
Q:Which side is the warmer one?Asked on 7/13/2016 by Alan
A:Hi Alan - On the lightweight/medium warmth comforter the medium is the warmer side. On the medium/extra warmth comforter the extra warmth is warmer side. Thank you.Answered on 7/13/2016 by Anonymous
Q:The care instructions say that the comforter is machine washable. Please advise details (ie, soap type, water temperature, etc)? Is it machine dryable? What temparture?Asked on 7/10/2016 by Sandra
A:Hi Sandra. The LaCrosse® Dual-Weight Comforter is machine washable using a mild detergent, do not bleach. Wash on a warm delicate cycle in a large tumble washer with out an agitator and be sure to rinse. Dry on low using either dryer balls or tennis balls to break the down up and prevent clumping. Complete drying is necessary to prevent and clumping or odors that may occur if the down products remain damp. Also check to make sure the dryer is not to hot. Over drying will cause the down to be scorched and ruin the down. Thank you.Answered on 7/10/2016 by Anonymous
Q:Does this comforter have loops on the corners so you can use duvets or comforter covers with it?Asked on 5/26/2016 by Nickname from Virginia
A:Hi- Yes there are loops on the corners. Thank you.Answered on 5/26/2016 by Anonymous
A:Hello - The LaCrosse® Dual-Weight Comforter comes with corner loops for the duvet cover.Answered on 5/26/2016 by Anonymous
Q:Which option would provide the least warmth possible on one side along with the most warmth possible on the other side?Asked on 5/5/2016 by Marcy from Vermont
A:Hi Marcy - If having the least warmth on one side is most important, we would recommend item C2K1 or C2K3 (light on one side and medium on the other). You can always add an extra blanket on the medium warmth side if needed.Answered on 5/5/2016 by Anonymous
Q:What is the difference between TCS down and Prima Loft?Asked on 5/1/2016 by Aaron
A:Hi Aaron - TCS Down is a 500-550 fill power white duck down and Primaloft is a synthetic, anti-microbial and hypoallergenic replacement for down. It is a ultra-fine microscopic fiber to help the body retain warmth. Thank you.Answered on 5/1/2016 by Anonymous
Q:What exactly is Prima Loft? Is it the same warmth as down?Asked on 5/1/2016 by Laurie
A:Hi Laurie - Primaloft is a synthetic, anti-microbial and hypoallergenic replacement for down. It is a ultra-fine microscopic fiber to help the body retain warmth. Primaloft clusters form tiny air pockets to wick away moisture. Primaloft is as warm as down, compressible, and breathable. Thank you.Answered on 5/1/2016 by Anonymous