Alberta™ Euro Down Comforter
Overview & Details
- Premium European down comforter.
- Handcrafted in our La Crosse, WI factory of fine imported materials.
- 300-thread count combed cotton sateen shell made with fine combed yarns that create a lightweight shell with exceptional softness and drape.
- Most down-proof sateen comforters are dry clean only, but we worked closely with one of the finest fabric mills available to develop a cotton sateen that’s both down-proof and machine washable.
- Hypoallergenic 600-650 fill power European down provides luxurious loft and warmth
- All products manufactured at our sister division, Hanover Direct Manufacturing, LLC in La Crosse, WI are filled with down that has been certified under the Responsible Down Standard (RDS). Each phase of down sourcing is monitored by the independent and highly respected Textile Exchange through their certification body, Control Union. By our commitment to RDS, you can be confident that the down inside is the most responsibly sourced down in the market.
- A rigorous 6-step quality process ensures our down is hypoallergenic-exceeding government regulations for cleanliness.
- 12” baffled box construction allows for optimum warmth and loft.
- Expertly finished with a double needle top-stitch.
- 15” drop.
- Available in 3 warmth levels - light, medium and extra-warmth weights.
- Available in 5 colors.
- Cotton sateen fabric meets Oeko-Tex® 100 standards –certified to be free of all harmful substances and chemicals.
- Lifetime guarantee.
- Our comforters feature corner loops that attach to the corner ties in our duvet covers to hold it in place.
- Machine wash.
- Exclusively ours.
We worked closely with one of the finest fabric mills available to bring you this premium comforter. Beautifully handcrafted in our La Crosse, Wisconsin factory, Alberta™ wrapped in a down-proof, 300-thread count combed cotton sateen shell that’s delightfully soft and silky to the touch and certified to meet eco-friendly Oeko-Tex® standards. Expertly finished with a double needle top-stitch. 600–650 fill power certified European down provides luxurious warmth, while 12” baffled square pockets allow for optimum loft without extra weight. A rigorous 6-step quality and purification process ensures that our down is hypoallergenic. Available in 5 beautiful colors and 3 comfort weights. Handcrafted in our La Crosse, WI factory of fine imported materials.
- Twin - 70x90", 20 oz. fill
- Full - 84x90", 24 oz. fill
- Queen - 90x96", 27 oz. fill
- King - 108x96", 34 oz.
- Twin - 70x90", 25 oz. fill
- Full - 84x90", 29 oz. fill
- Queen - 90x96", 33 oz. fill
- King - 108x96", 40 oz.
- Twin - 70x90", 31 oz. fill
- Full - 84x90", 37 oz. fill
- Queen - 90x96", 42 oz. fill
- King - 108x96", 51 oz.
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:The tag on our Alberta queen comforter medium weight states minimum 75% down what is the other 25%? Also the tag states shell made in China was the comforter made in the USA?Asked on 3/9/2017 by Peter from Chicago Illinois
A:Hi Peter- The tag of the comforter will read 75% down because there is a chance that it could have a few feathers in the item. This is why we can not put 100% down. The shell of the item is made in China but the comforter is made in the USA. Thank you.
I had a pillow, from a different company, that was made from duck feathers. I ended up throwing it away, because it had a bad odor. A sales associate at another store told me it was due to the duck feathers, and I should try a goose down pillow. I did, and I still enjoy that pillow almost 20 years after I bought it. My question is will there be an odor to this duvet, or are your ducks given a diet that eliminates this issue? I'm trying to decide between this comforter and one of your goose down duvets. I live in a subtropical area, so I am afraid your Hungarian goose down may be too warm. But I don't want a stinky duvet, either.
Thank in advance for your help.Asked on 2/17/2017 by Melinda from United States
A:Hi Melinda. The Alberta™ Euro Down Comforter. Feather filled products may have an odor because the odor can cling to the quill that feathers have. This usually goes away after airing out, and with use. Our comforters are filled with down, not feathers. Down has no quill and has no odor. Thank you.
Q:I sleep in a room that is below 60 degrees at night in the winter. I plan on using this comforter without a top sheet and no duvet cover. I have a queen bed but want to buy your king size comforter so that it will be long enough on the sides and bottom. Will this comforter be warm enough under these conditions?Asked on 2/9/2017 by Pat from Falls Church, VA
A:Hi Pat - The Alberta Comforter in the Extra Warmth is recommended for room temperatures 62-65 degrees. If you like to sleep just a bit warm this item may still work for you if your room temperature is between about 57-62 degrees. If you like to sleep very warm we would recommend going to our Ultra Warmth which unfortunately is not available in the Alberta comforter. We do offer our Organic Cotton RDS Down Comforter in Ultra warmth which is machine washable like the Alberta. Here is a link to our Organic Comforter http://www.thecompanystore.com/bedding-comforters/organic-cotton-rds-down-comforter/c2v6-ps-h16.html . Thank you.
Q:I bought one of your comforters and it appears worn out (flat and when held to window some squares lack down or they have collapsed. So what does lifetime guarantee mean?Asked on 1/31/2017 by don't have one from Newport Beach, CA
A:Hi- Please visit http://www.thecompanystore.com/service-faqs-down-lifetime-guarantee.html for the lifetime guarantee information or contact our customer service department at 1-800-323-8000 Monday-Friday: 6am-Midnight CST or Saturday & Sunday: 8am-5pm CST. Thank you.
Q:What type of warranty do you offer on your down comforters?Asked on 1/30/2017 by Judy from Jupiter Florida
A:Hi Judy - We have a 90 day return policy for returns and exchanges. After the 90 days we have a Lifetime Guarantee against manufacturers defects for all items made in our La Crosse, WI factory. The Lifetime Guarantee will cover the majority of our down comforters. We do have a few comforters that are imported and not made by us and these would only have a 90 day return policy. For more information regarding our Lifetime Guarantee please see this link http://www.thecompanystore.com/service-faqs-down-lifetime-guarantee.html . Thank you.
Q:The description for the Alberta comforter lists 600-650 fill power. How much does the King Extra Warmth weigh? (Not on order description)
Erin DolingerAsked on 1/25/2017 by Erin from PA
Q:Dear Company Store,
Some of the comforters list their weight, where as this one has a "fill" definition. Could you tell me what the down weight is? (For example, in the warmest down king-sizes, one is listed as 55 oz, vs 63 oz for your most expensive.) Thank you,
Erin DolingerAsked on 1/25/2017 by Erin from Pennsylvania
Q:What is the difference between the White Bay and the Alberta? I have compared them via the descriptions and really cannot tell. We want medium weight. Down. Thank you!Asked on 1/16/2017 by Jule from Nashville TN
A:Hello Julie - The main difference between the two is that the Alberta is a baffled comforter and the White Bay is a sewn through box stitch. The Alberta also has an ounce more down. I am including the link to our comforter guide to help you with your decision. Thank you for your inquiry.
Q:Do you have a comforter with 8 inch baffles.....I seem to only see 12 inch ?Asked on 1/9/2017 by Joanne from Long Island, NY
Q:What is the difference between the light and medium weight? I'd like a blanket I can use in NY for all seasons basically.
Thanks.Asked on 1/5/2017 by Caren from Brooklyn, NY
A:Hi Caren - The light comfort is recommended for warm seasons and climates and room temperatures between 69 and 74 degrees. Our medium warmth is recommended for year around use and for room temperatures between 65 and 69 degrees. Thank you.