William and Mary Matelassé
Overview & Details
- Matelassé cotton bedding.
- Bedding made from 100% cotton woven with matelassé techniques for wonderful texture.
- Machine wash.
Classic designs have the ability to transcend time. That’s why this collection of matelassé bedding, inspired by an antique coverlet in the Colonial Williamsburg textile collection, maintains its beauty even today. The mythical flora and fauna motifs are characteristic of English decorative arts from the late baroque period, woven with time-honored matelassé techniques for enhanced texture and softness – from bedspread to bedskirt and everywhere in between.
- How heavy is this bedspread...would it be auitable for late summer/fall, or more for winter?
Hi Glenna. The William and Mary Matelassé is a thick, heavy and beautiful 100% cotton fabric. It would be more suitable for warmer seasons. In the winter months possibly as a cover for your winter comforter. Thank you.
- RE: William and Mary matelasse - Which is linen, which is bone? There is a photo of a white bedspread with cream looking and beige looking pillows on it. Is the cream looking one linen and the beige one bone? MJ
Hi- In the picture with the white bedspread the cream looking pillow would be the bone and the Beige (darker) pillow would be the linen. Please contact our customer service for free fabric swatches at 1-800-323-8000.
- Does this shrink when washed and about how much
Shopping for self
Hi - The William and Mary Matelasse collection will shrink, however we have cut the product larger to allow for the normal shrinkage. The product should be the dimensions listed after the first few washes. Thank you.