TK2 Scope by Thames and Kosmos
Overview & Details
- Durable and powerful microscope.
- A great gift for educational play.
- A dual light 40-, 100-, and 400-power metal and plastic microscope
- The two battery-powered LED light sources allow for both the viewing of large or opaque objects lit from above and the viewing of thinly sliced or translucent specimens lit from below.
- It has a 10-power ocular lens; 4-, 10-, and 40-power objective lenses; and an aperture wheel
- Includes a full-color, 48-page manual to guide you through set-up, usage, and dozens of fascinating observations of biological specimens
- Small parts, not for children under 3 years.
- Ages 8+
This advanced TK2 scope allows kids to embark on a guided journey through the microscopic world, revealing its hidden creatures and unseen structures. First, learn how to use the microscope and all of its parts. Next, become familiar with the scope by examining some prepared slides. Now, they’re ready to take off on a guided investigation of plant and animal specimens that they gather and prepare themselves. This kit includes the tools, knowledge, and skills needed to view virtually any specimen they can find.
Thames & Kosmos was founded in 2001 with the mission of improving children’s science education. Since then, kids around the world have loved the hands-on experiments and real-world science equipment in their imaginative kits. In fact, kids love Thames & Kosmos so much, they forget they’re learning!