Thames & Kosmos Kids First Chemistry Set
Overview & Details
- Ages 8+
- Adult supervision required
- 25 experiments available
- Discover the invisible gas carbon dioxide and its very visible effects.
- Make fizzy reactions with acids and bases to dissolve shells and inflate balloons.
- Experiment with acids and bases using indicators (pH strips and cabbage juice) to identify them.
- Explore the properties of water, soaps, and oils.
Kick off a chain reaction of fun-filled experiments with this introductory chemistry set designed specifically for young kids from Thames & Kosmos. Junior chemists can safely explore simple chemistry using the tools in this kit and common household substances from the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room. Learn how to use basic chemistry equipment such as filters, test tubes, pipettes, and measuring spoons, and beakers. Make your own test tube racks out of plaster and learn about the chemical reaction that formed them. Conduct experiments to identify different chemicals using reactions, heat, evaporation, and crystallization. Examine the composition of inks and dyes with chromatography experiments, where colors magically separate from one another on a filter paper disk. The full-color, 48-page manual guides inquisitive young chemists and their adult supervisors through safely conducting each of the 25 experiments.