Thames & Kosmos Kids' First Botany Experimental Greenhouse
Overview & Details
- Ages 5+
- 14.5" x 11.5" x 3"
- Learn how you can force budded branches to bloom in winter.
- Make leaf and bark rubbings.
- Collect seeds with your socks, and grow a funny grass head.
- Make tiny plaster bugs to decorate your garden.
- Germinate fruit and vegetable plants from the seeds in your kitchen. Grow a flower garden.
Budding botanists will love getting their hands dirty in this unique biological science experiment kit from Thames & Kosmos. Learn about plants and seeds by conducting experiments in a specially designed botanical laboratory with greenhouse domes. Assemble the domed greenhouses, complete with thermometers and ventilation. Construct an automatic watering system to keep your plants from getting too thirsty. Grow beans, cress, and zinnia flowers, and learn how each plant has different needs. Experiment with plant cells and capillary action. Learn how roots work to transport water and nutrients throughout a plant. Conduct experiments that demonstrate how plants need water, light, and heat to grow. Discover the strength of a bean and how leaves sweat. See why grass grows back after it is cut and how cuttings can grow roots. With a 48-page, full-color illustrated guidebook, this kit teaches botany fundamentals with step-by-step instructions for the hands-on experiments as well as growing information for many common plants.