Perfume Science by Thames and Kosmos
Overview & Details
- Perfume science kit.
- A great gift for educational play.
- Explore the physiology of smell and play games with smell and taste
- discover the history of perfumes
- design your own fragrances
- Includes complete perfumer’s laboratory with eight perfume oils, finishing solution, decorative flacons and important tools of the trade.
- Includes a full-color book with information about the biology of smell and the history of perfumes
- The perfume oils in this kit were developed humanely, without animal testing
- Small parts, not for children under 3 years.
- Ages 10+, adult supervision recommened
Follow your nose on a fragrant journey through the science, history, and art of making perfumes. Experiment with countless fragrance combinations on your way to becoming a master perfumer. Start by learning about how your nose and brain work together to perceive smells. Next, play some games with scents to train your nose. After a look at the history of fragrances and the current theories behind perfume design, you will be ready to start making your own perfumes. This kit is a complete perfumer’s laboratory including eight perfume oils, finishing solution, decorative flacons and important tools of the trade.
Thames & Kosmos was founded in 2001 with the mission of improving children’s science education. Since then, kids around the world have loved the hands-on experiments and real-world science equipment in their imaginative kits. In fact, kids love Thames & Kosmos so much, they forget they’re learning!