Classic Down Blanket
Overview & Details
- Premium European down blanket.
- Handcrafted in our La Crosse, WI factory of fine imported materials.
- 300-thread count combed cotton sateen shell made with fine combed yarns that create a lightweight shell with exceptional softness and drape.
- Most down-proof sateen blankets are dry clean only, but we worked closely with one of the finest fabric mills available to develop a cotton sateen that’s both down-proof and machine washable.
- Hypoallergenic 500-550 fill power European down provides luxurious loft and warmth.
- All products manufactured at our sister division, Hanover Direct Manufacturing, LLC in La Crosse, WI are filled with down that has been certified under the Responsible Down Standard (RDS). Each phase of down sourcing is monitored by the independent and highly respected Textile Exchange through their certification body, Control Union. By our commitment to RDS, you can be confident that the down inside is the most responsibly sourced down in the market.
- A rigorous 6-step quality process ensures our down is hypoallergenic-exceeding government regulations for cleanliness.
- Stitched with double-diamond patterning with 2” self fabric binding.
- 15” drop.
- Available in 5 beautiful colors.
- Cotton sateen fabric meets Oeko-Tex® 100 standards –certified to be free of all harmful substances and chemicals.
- Also available in our exclusive TCS® PrimaLoft Deluxe fill.
- Lifetime guarantee.
- Machine wash.
- Exclusively ours.
Falling somewhere between a blanket and a comforter, our TCS® Classic European Down Blanket is the best of both worlds, providing a layer of cozy, light-weight warmth that’s perfect year-round. Generously sized and covered in our new silky-soft, down-proof 300-thread count combed cotton sateen shell, it’s filled with hypoallergenic, 500–550 fill power certified European down. Expertly stitched in a double-diamond pattern ensures the fill stays in place. Handcrafted in our La Crosse, WI factory of fine imported materials.
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:I ordered the Emilia quilt. I may want to fold this blanket to put at the end of the bed. Will the alabaster blanket match this quilt?Asked on 9/18/2017 by Kat from Sherrills Ford, NC
Q:Regarding washing, I have not had good luck washing other company store comforters I have purchased. For this blanket, how to wash it without it clumping up into balls?Asked on 9/17/2017 by Belinda from Santa Barbara
A:Hell Belinda - The key to avoid clumping is drying it thoroughly but avoid using high heat as you can scorch the down.
These are the instructions to dry: Dry on low using either clean white tennis balls or sneakers to break the down up and prevent clumping. Complete drying is necessary to prevent any clumping or odors that may occur if the down products remain damp inside the product.
If you have comforters that have clumped, try re-washing them and following the above instructions to dry. Thank you.
Q:does this blanket make you sweat at night?Asked on 8/18/2017 by gisele from seaside park,nj
Q:What is the weight of the king blanket? Also what is the weight of the Legends King size Egyptian cotton blanket?Asked on 7/31/2017 by Nancy from NC
Q:Do you recommend using a duvet cover with the down blankets, similar to how you would with a down comforter?Asked on 7/10/2017 by Erin from CA
Q:I am looking for a down blanket that can be used in all 4 seasons. We live in the South but we don't want a heavy blanket. Which would be the best for our needs? Thanks!Asked on 7/4/2017 by Laura from East Tn
A:Hi Laura - Our down blankets don't come in warmth levels like our comforters, they all are consider lightweight. The three that we have are the LaCrosse, Classic, and Legends Damask. All three would be ideal for all 4 seasons in the south. Thank you for your inquiry.
Q:How to wash Classic Down Blanket at home?Asked on 5/17/2017 by Alla from Los Angeles, CA
A:Hi Alla - Machine wash your down blanket separately in a large, front load tumble washer. Use warm water and mild detergent on delicate. Tumble dry on low heat. Use tennis balls or fluffer rings to punch the blanket while it dries. Thank you for your inquiry.
Q:Is the Classic down blanket much warmer than the La Crosse down blanket ? I see that it has a couple more ounces of down. I like the look and fabric of the Classic best. Thanks for your knowledge of the products !Asked on 1/29/2017 by Ebs from Seattle
Q:I am looking for the lightest possible twin-sized down-filled cover for my hot sleeping husband. Price is not a factor. How do the down blanket options (in twin size) compare to the super light White Bay comforter (in twin size)? I am interested both in down fill ozs and also the physical weight of the product.Asked on 1/29/2017 by Sally from Boston, MA
A:Hello Sally - Here are some numbers to compare:
Classic Down Blanket - 66 x 96" with 13 oz. of 500-550 fill power down. Total weight is just under 4 lbs.
White Bay Super Light - 70 x 90" with 14 oz. of 600-650 fill power down. Total weight is around 3.5 lbs.
The blanket may be slightly lighter in warmth and slightly heavier in weight. Thank you.
Q:What the warmth degrees of this blanket?Asked on 1/22/2017 by Ceil jones from Fairfield,ct