Classic Down Blanket
Overview & Details
- Premium European down blanket.
- Handcrafted in our La Crosse, WI factory of fine imported materials.
- 300-thread count combed cotton sateen shell made with fine combed yarns that create a lightweight shell with exceptional softness and drape.
- Most down-proof sateen blankets are dry clean only, but we worked closely with one of the finest fabric mills available to develop a cotton sateen that’s both down-proof and machine washable.
- Hypoallergenic 500-550 fill power European down provides luxurious loft and warmth.
- All products manufactured at our sister division, Hanover Direct Manufacturing, LLC in La Crosse, WI are filled with down that has been certified under the Responsible Down Standard (RDS). Each phase of down sourcing is monitored by the independent and highly respected Textile Exchange through their certification body, Control Union. By our commitment to RDS, you can be confident that the down inside is the most responsibly sourced down in the market.
- A rigorous 6-step quality process ensures our down is hypoallergenic-exceeding government regulations for cleanliness.
- Stitched with double-diamond patterning with 2” self fabric binding.
- 15” drop.
- Available in 5 beautiful colors.
- Cotton sateen fabric meets Oeko-Tex® 100 standards –certified to be free of all harmful substances and chemicals.
- Also available in our exclusive TCS® PrimaLoft Deluxe fill.
- Lifetime guarantee.
- Machine wash.
- Exclusively ours.
Falling somewhere between a blanket and a comforter, our TCS® Classic European Down Blanket is the best of both worlds, providing a layer of cozy, light-weight warmth that’s perfect year-round. Generously sized and covered in our new silky-soft, down-proof 300-thread count combed cotton sateen shell, it’s filled with hypoallergenic, 500–550 fill power certified European down. Expertly stitched in a double-diamond pattern ensures the fill stays in place. Handcrafted in our La Crosse, WI factory of fine imported materials.
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:Is the Classic down blanket much warmer than the La Crosse down blanket ? I see that it has a couple more ounces of down. I like the look and fabric of the Classic best. Thanks for your knowledge of the products !Asked on 1/29/2017 by Ebs from Seattle
Q:I am looking for the lightest possible twin-sized down-filled cover for my hot sleeping husband. Price is not a factor. How do the down blanket options (in twin size) compare to the super light White Bay comforter (in twin size)? I am interested both in down fill ozs and also the physical weight of the product.Asked on 1/29/2017 by Sally from Boston, MA
A:Hello Sally - Here are some numbers to compare:
Classic Down Blanket - 66 x 96" with 13 oz. of 500-550 fill power down. Total weight is just under 4 lbs.
White Bay Super Light - 70 x 90" with 14 oz. of 600-650 fill power down. Total weight is around 3.5 lbs.
The blanket may be slightly lighter in warmth and slightly heavier in weight. Thank you.
Q:What the warmth degrees of this blanket?Asked on 1/22/2017 by Ceil jones from Fairfield,ct
Q:I purchased this item in a queen size. What are the dimensions? Does this fit into the duvets you sell?Asked on 12/25/2016 by Lala
Q:Again. What is the weight of the queen?Asked on 12/23/2016 by On file na from On file na
A:Hello. The Classic RDS Down Blanket in Queen Size has 20 oz of fill. The actual weight when it is folded and ready for shipping is 5.05 lbs. Our TCS® Classic European Down Blanket is light-weight warmth that's perfect year-round. Thank you.
Q:Can this down blanket fit under a bedspread that tucks in? I wondered if it might be too thick to allow for the bedspread to fit on top of it?Asked on 12/9/2016 by I feel cold alot of the time. from Houston, TX.
A:Hello. The Classic RDS Down Blanket is light weight enough to fit underneath your bedspread. We wouldn't recommend keeping our down blanket covered up! It is beautiful, breathable, and is a natural insulator. Down works best when it can trap air and insulate your own body heat. Thank you.
Q:What are the dimensions of the king size blanket?Asked on 11/17/2016 by P
Q:How does this down blanket compare to the White Bay® RDS Euro Down Comforter? I see the difference in fill, but that is the main difference I see. Is it similar warmth to the Lightweight or Super Lightweight? Which will better keep down from moving around.?Asked on 8/6/2016 by Ann
A:Hi Ann. The Classic RDS Down Blanket has the same 300 Thread Count (TC) and comes in similar colors as the White Bay comforter, but the Down Fill is 500-550 fill power RDS certified European down and is only available in one choice, Light Warmth. The White Bay® RDS Euro Down Comforter has 600–650 fill power premium RDS certified European white down, and has a choice of Ultra Light, Light, Medium, and Extra Warm levels of warmth. The Ultra Light in the White Bay has an 8" square stitch, the other levels have a 12" square box stitch. The size of the box or diagonal in the blanket is relative to keeping the fill in place and so should not be an issue with normal use and proper care. Thank you.Answered on 8/7/2016 by Anonymous