Brooklyn Slate- Slate Cheeseboard
Overview & Details
- Great housewarming or hostess gift
- A beautiful rustic surface for serving cheese
- Also serves as a menu board and trivet for a hot kettle
- Available in Black
- Made from natural slate
- Hand-picked from family-owned quarry in upstate New York
- Hand-finished in company’s Brooklyn studio
- Soapstone pencil included to write names of cheeses and hors d’oeuvres on the board
- Non-slip cork padded feet
- 10" x 14"
- Packaged in attractive reusable burlap bag for gift-giving
A beautifully rustic and organic surface for serving cheeses and hors d'oeuvres. From Brooklyn Slate, this slate cheeseboard is hand-picked from a family quarry in upstate New York and then sized, shaped, and artfully chipped at the edges by hand in the company’s Brooklyn studio. Slate is a natural for cheese as it offers a deep contrast in color and is nonporous and easy to write on. Soapstone pen included allows you to ID cheese varieties and special dishes to avoid confusion. Non-slip cork padded feet. Founded by Brooklyn designers Sean Tice and Kristy Hadeka, Brooklyn Slate Company sources their gorgeous pieces of natural slate from Kristy's third-generation family quarry in upstate New York. Each piece is hand-picked from the quarry and then finely hand-cut and cleaned in the company’s Brooklyn studio. The end result is a product unique in cut, shape, texture and color for you to call your own.