Brooklyn Slate- Slate Cheeseboard with Knife Gift Set
Overview & Details
- Great housewarming or hostess gift
- A beautiful rustic surface for serving cheese
- Also serves as a menu board and trivet for a hot kettle
- Available in Black
- Made from natural slate
- Hand-picked from family-owned quarry in upstate New York
- Hand-finished in company’s Brooklyn studio
- Includes olive wood cheese knife, 8” long
- Includes two soapstone pencils to write names of cheeses and hors d’oeuvres on the board
- Non-slip cork padded feet
- 10" x 14"
- Packaged in attractive reusable burlap bag for gift-giving
Create a dramatic rustic backdrop for your favorite cheeses and hors d'oeuvres. From Brooklyn Slate, this slate cheeseboard complete with knife is hand-picked from a family quarry in upstate New York and then sized, shaped, and artfully chipped at the edges by hand in the company’s Brooklyn studio. Slate is a natural for cheese as it offers a deep contrast in color and is nonporous and easy to write on. Includes richly grained olive wood knife for slicing and two soapstone pens for identifying cheese varieties and special dishes. Non-slip cork padded feet. Founded by Brooklyn designers Sean Tice and Kristy Hadeka, Brooklyn Slate Company sources their gorgeous pieces of natural slate from Kristy's third-generation family quarry in upstate New York. Each piece is hand-picked from the quarry and then finely hand-cut and cleaned in the company’s Brooklyn studio. The end result is a product unique in cut, shape, texture and color for you to call your own.