White Bay® Down Comforter
Overview & Details
- Filled with 600–650 fill power premium European white down.
- Handcrafted in our La Crosse, WI factory of fine imported materials.
- All products manufactured at our sister division, Hanover Direct Manufacturing, LLC in La Crosse, WI are filled with down that has been certified under the Responsible Down Standard (RDS). Each phase of down sourcing is monitored by the independent and highly respected Textile Exchange through their certification body, Control Union. By our commitment to RDS, you can be confident that the down inside is the most responsibly sourced down in the market.
- 300-thread count combed cotton sateen shell made with fine combed yarns that create a lightweight shell with exceptional softness and drape.
- Cotton sateen fabric meets Oeko-Tex® 100 standards –certified to be free of all harmful substances and chemicals.
- Most down-proof sateen comforters are dry clean only, but we worked closely with one of the finest fabric mills available to develop a cotton sateen that’s both down-proof and machine washable.
- A rigorous 6-step quality process ensures our down is hypoallergenic-exceeding government regulations for cleanliness.
- Box stitch construction prevents the down from shifting allowing for all-over even warmth.
- Super-light has a 8” box stitch; light, medium, and extra warmth have 12” box stitch.
- Available in 4 warmth levels- super-light, light, medium and extra-warmth weights.
- Oversized Queen and King sizes available fit extra-deep mattresses.
- Expertly finished with a double needle top-stitch.
- 15” drop; oversized has 19” drop.
- Available in 5 colors.
- Our comforters feature corner loops that attach to the corner ties in our duvet covers to hold it in place.
- Lifetime guarantee.
- Machine wash.
Have it your way—you deserve it. Handcrafted in our La Crosse, Wisconsin factory, we’re offering White Bay® in a wide variety of weights, colors and sizes to create the comforter of your dreams. Packed with our 600–650-fill certified European down, it’s enveloped in our down-proof 300-thread count combed cotton sateen shell that’s silky-soft and certified to meet eco-friendly, Oeko-Tex® standards. Expertly finished with a double needle top-stitch and 12” sewn-through box construction (super-light has 8” boxes) which prevents down from shifting and provides even warmth. A rigorous 6-step quality and purification process ensures that our down is hypoallergenic. Available in 5 beautiful colors, 4 comfort weights and oversized Queen and King sizes to fit extra-deep mattresses. Handcrafted in our La Crosse, WI factory of the finest imported materials. Exclusively ours.
White Bay Super Light
- Twin - 70x90", 14 oz. fill
- Full - 84x90", 17 oz. fill
- Queen - 90x96", 19 oz. fill
- King - 108x96", 23 oz. fill
White Bay Light
- Twin - 70x90", 19 oz. fill
- Full - 84x90", 23 oz. fill
- Queen - 90x96", 26 oz. fill
- King - 108x96", 32 oz. fill
White Bay Medium Warmth
- Twin - 70x90", 24 oz. fill
- Full - 84x90", 28 oz. fill
- Queen - 90x96", 32 oz. fill
- King - 108x96", 39 oz. fill
White Bay Extra Warmth
- Twin - 70x90", 29 oz. fill
- Full - 84x90", 35 oz. fill
- Queen - 90x96", 40 oz. fill
- King - 108x96", 48 oz. fill
White Bay Oversized Super Light
- Queen - 98x96", 22 oz. fill
- King - 116x96", 26 oz. fill
White Bay Oversized Light
- Queen - 98x96", 31 oz. fill
- King - 116x96", 34 oz. fill
White Bay Oversized Medium Warmth
- Queen - 98x96", 38 oz. fill
- King - 116x96", 41 oz. fill
White Bay Oversized Extra Warmth
- Queen - 98x96", 48 oz. fill
- King - 116x96", 53 oz. fill
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:In reading reviews for the White Bay down comforter, mention is made that the stitching does not go completely to the ends, is this true also for the oversized ?Asked on 3/31/2017 by Paulita from Northern NM
A:Hi Paulita. The White Bay® Down Comforter is filled and sewn here in our factory in LaCrosse Wisconsin. The comforters are stitched on a large sewing machine while being held on a square form that holds it taut as they are sewn. The comforters are stitched right up to the edge of the form as close as we can come, but cannot go to the very edge, or we would have no way of keeping the comforter on the form for sewing. This can be up to a 2 inch gap and should not cause shifting if you shake your comforter and rotate it on your bed. Thank you.
A:Yes, the stitching does NOT got to the edges. Only complaint of this comforter.Answered on 4/14/2017 by Donna from Bellingham, WA
Q:Questions about the super lightweight king comforter verses the lightweight king.. For comparison, is this more like a 500-550 fill power down blanket, just puffier because of the 600-650 fill power? My 104 x 96 blanket has 500-550 /26 oz. My room temp in the summer is 68-69 degrees but i sleep hot, even have a bed fan to help keep me cool. Thank you.Asked on 3/16/2017 by golfgirlsc from myrtle beach, sc
A:Hi- The super lightweight king comforter is going to be the same warmth as our down blankets. The blankets are considered a super lightweight warmth. If the item is listed as a super lightweight it would have the same warmth regardless of what fill power is used in the item. Thank you.
Q:How many ounces of fill are there in the oversized queen comforter?
Thank you.Asked on 2/4/2017 by N.
A:White Bay Oversized Super Light
Queen - 98x96", 22 oz. fill
King - 116x96", 26 oz. fill
White Bay Oversized Light
Queen - 98x96", 31 oz. fillAnswered on 7/1/2017 by CAL from Piedmont, CA
Q:Will the oversized King comforter fit in the King duvets?Asked on 9/10/2016 by Ann from Mechanicsburg PA
Q:How many ounces of fill is the extra warmth, oversize king comforter?Asked on 8/28/2016 by Katiemac from Savannah, MO
Q:What is the weight of the super light King comforter? And can you advise what temperature range for the super light? I live in a warmer climate and have a memory foam bed, so am looking for something very light because I don't want to throw out my duvet covers. ThanksAsked on 8/17/2016 by Eve from United States
Q:In an earlier question's answer, the different sizes are described, including Twin XL. However, when I click to select size, no Twin XL is shown... no matter what weight or color chosen. Is this an error? Or is the White Bay Comforter just not available in Twin XL?Asked on 8/15/2016 by justme from East Coast
Q:Is this product filled with 100 percent down or is a percentage also feather?
If so what percentage is feather and what type of feather?
What type of down? Only states white. Is it goose, duck... ?
Thank you!Asked on 8/5/2016 by Curious from Tennessee
A:Hello. The White Bay® RDS Euro Down Comforter is filled with hypoallergenic, 600–650 fill power premium RDS certified European white duck down. Although this we fill this comforter with all down, label regulations in the USA require us to state on our comforters products sold and labeled as down must have at least 75% whole down clusters. This is in case your product may contain a broken down cluster, down fiber, feather or a damaged feather. Thank you.Answered on 8/6/2016 by Anonymous
Q:What is the data on fills for each regular size?Asked on 8/5/2016 by Audrey from Chicago
A:Hi Audrey- We would be happy to provide this information for you but we would need to know what size and warmth level. Please resubmit your question or contact our customer service at 1-800-323-8000. Thank you.Answered on 8/5/2016 by Anonymous
Q:How many ounces of down in the King light comforter?Asked on 8/2/2016 by Weimiemom2 from Lubbock, TX
A:Hi- The White Bay oversized comforter lightweight has 34 ounces of down in it. Thank you.Answered on 8/3/2016 by Anonymous