Rugs are one of the quickest and easiest ways to transform the look in any room by delivering immediate style and comfort. Outfit your home with new looks for every season or coordinate with existing furniture, paint color, upholstery, bedding or window treatments. Choose from a variety of styles and prints, in high-quality fabrics. We have a great selection of natural jute rugs, plush wool rugs and cotton rugs.
Add a decorator’s finishing touch with solid rugs available in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors and textures. Pair a gorgeous area rug with a solid hue that matches your current décor, or choose a vibrant new color to act as a focal point in any room. Also available is our hand loomed Prism Cotton Rug in several color options.
Greet your guests with a functional and attractive coir doormat. Coir is a hearty fiber extracted from coconut husks, and is known for its toughness and resilience against the elements, providing years of use. Our original coir doormat designs change seasonally, so check back often.
Once you’ve purchased a new rug for your home, further protect your investment with rug grips and pads. They help your rugs stay in place to prevent slipping and add a little extra cushion for a big boost in comfort.
How to care for rugs: rug care & maintaince
- Vacuum regularly and thoroughly (particular in high traffic areas) using a vacuum cleaner without a beater brush, on a low-power setting to prevent dust and crumbs from settling into roots of the fibers. For best results, vacuum from different directions, making several passes over the area.
- Avoid direct and continuous exposure to sunlight as the UV rays would age the carpet, especially for darker color carpets.
- Do not pull loose ends/sprouts and snags as you may permanently damage the carpet, instead, clip them with scissors to remove. Turn carpet around occasionally to equalize wear.
- Remove spills immediately; if liquid, blot with clean, un-dyed cloth by pressing firmly around the spill to absorb as much as possible.
- For water-based stains, soak up the spill immediately, and re-wet the stained area with warm water on a sponge or piece of clean, un-dyed cotton wool to dilute the spilled liquid. Blot with tissue or paper towel and dry the area with a hair-dryer. Repeat this process until the stain is removed. You could also repeat this process for grease stains, except for that it requires a product specifically designed to treat grease stains rather than just the warm water.
- For dried-in (water-based) stains, scrape off excess spill with a spoon, and if necessary, freeze the spill with a plastic bag of ice cubes and then apply a light soap solution to a piece of cotton wool and dampen the stained area. Blot with tissue or paper towel and dry the area with a hair-dryer, repeat this process until the stain is completely removed.
- For hard-to-remove stains, professional rug cleaning is recommended, which needs to be performed in high traffic rooms every 12-18 months for deep cleaning.
- Remove heavy furniture dents by stroking the dented area with the edge of a coin. You can also use a hair dryer or a steam iron, but be careful not to touch the carpet with the iron.
- If your carpet is burned, simply remove the tops of the dark, burnt fibers with curved fingernail scissors. If the burn is extensive, you may need to patch or replace it.
- Store your rug by rolling it front side out and wrapping in cloth for protection. Do not fold or put in an airtight plastic bag but instead place the carpet in a dry, well-ventilated area.